Monday, February 9, 2009

The girls get their ears pierced!!


As a surprise to the girls this weekend, I suggested we get their ears pierced. Jordan agreed immediately, but Maddie decided she wasn't ready yet. I told her to just let me know when she decided she is ready, and we would get it done then.
Here we start out with our "before" picture.
Here is Jordan sitting at Patina, eagerly awaiting her ear piercing!










And here she is immediately afterwards!! She did not cry a single tear, flinch, or anything! She just kept a smile on her face the whole time and didn't say a peep. She is SO excited to have her ears pierced!!

We asked Maddie if she was sure she didn't want to get hers done, since it went so well for Jordan, and she said "No."
We left and Jordan was just SO proud of her new earrings, she had to go see Daddy at work and call her aunts and grandmas to tell them!


Then, to my surprise, the very next morning Maddie announced she wanted to get hers pierced that day! So back to Patina we went. . .



Miss Maddie did so great, too!! She was very brave, and didn't make a peep either. One little tear sneaked its way down her cheek right afterwards, but she didn't let on that she felt a thing.

And here are the girls with their brand-spanking new earrings! Jordan picked sapphire stones (even though they're not her birthstone, she loves deep blue colors) and Maddie went with her birthstone tourmaline (pink is her favorite color, so that worked perfectly!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so HAPPY I'm crying!!! I get to see all your cute faces when ever I want!!! I love it! I love it! I love it!!!!!!! Amanda I couldn't of asked for a sweeter more thoughtful sister-in-law!!! I really wanted you to do this! Your the best!! Thank you! Thank You! THANK YOU!!!!Your family is the cutest! You have done such a good job!! I love YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much they have all grown up! WOW! Welcome to the blogging world! My first year was not that good but I made a New Years resolution to do better. I even started a second one too! So glad we can keep in touch through this! -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so excited to see your blog. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones